If you are highly motivated and committed to the development of children in their Early Years, then Small Fries Day Nursery is the career choice for you. We are an enthusiastic, forward-thinking team who create an environment where you can develop your skills to ensure the highest standards of care and learning. We understand the importance of a secure foundation for children to give them the best start in life, and allow them to continue their learning journey as they grow – if you feel the same, then please click on the relevant link below and attach your most up-to-date CV.
Current vacancies at Small Fries Day Nursery
Early Years Room Leader – PreschoolFull Time - £8.20-9.50 per hour
Small Fries Day Nursery is looking for a bright, ambitious and enthusiastic Room Leader to join their team. Who can lead the team forward and develop the care and education to an outstanding level.
As Room Leader you will need to be an independent and self-motivated person who can adapt to change at short notice and think on their feet. You will need to be creative, love working with children and be able to work alongside other practitioners to ensure that the room runs smoothly and provide a safe environment for children within the setting.
Your role will involve planning, preparing and participating in activities that promote development through the EYFS and are appropriate to the ages and stages of the children’s development.
- Lead the Pre-School area within the nursery
- Safeguard children within your care
- Assist the nursery team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment In order for children to learn and develop in your care
- Supervise staff and students within the room and help maintain a proactive and professional team
- Ensure that daily routines are adhered to and records are kept up to date
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner
- To plan and carry out activities that are in line with the EYFS setting the standards for learning and are creative and provide a challenge for the children
- To ensure that assessments / evaluations are regularly completed
- Support staff development and work closely with other staff members
- To ensure specific health and safety and fire procedures are understood and actioned
- Attend regular staff meetings and support the management team within the setting
- Attend training as and when required
- Observe, coach and develop members of your team.
- Be accountable for all aspects of the room
Personal Specification and Essential qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification or above in childcare
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a nursery setting
- Experience of leading a team is desirable
- Good knowledge and understanding of current legislation
- Up-to-date safeguarding and paediatric first aid certificates preferred
Our Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) – (Update service needs to be signed up to) and at least two independent references.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond with an application form.
Early Years Practitioner / Bank StaffFull Time - £7.50-9.00 per hour
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the Senior Management in providing a high quality childcare provision
- To work as part of an experienced and dedicated team within Small Fries Day Nursery
- To supervise and manage specific areas of activity, plan and develop exciting activities for the children in our care
- To have a group of key children and take responsibility for observing, planning, tracking and evaluating their learning and development and setting individual targets
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To work in partnership with parents/carers when supporting children in their learning and development
- A sound knowledge of behavioural management and SEN would also be a distinct advantage, although not essential
Practitioners Personal Specification and Essential qualifications:
- A recognised qualification in childcare (equivalent to level 3 or above)
- An Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Experience of working with 0-5 year olds
- Up-to-date safeguarding and paediatric first aid training preferred
Our Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to satisfactory pre-employment processes which include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a minimum of two independent references.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.