If you are highly motivated and committed to the development of children in their Early Years, then Small Fries Day Nursery is the career choice for you. We are an enthusiastic, forward-thinking team who create an environment where you can develop your skills to ensure the highest standards of care and learning. We understand the importance of a secure foundation for children to give them the best start in life, and allow them to continue their learning journey as they grow – if you feel the same, then please click on the relevant link below and attach your most up-to-date CV.
Current vacancies at Small Fries Day Nursery
Deputy ManagerFull Time - £9.50-11.00 per hour
We are looking for a passionate and motivated candidate who is able to drive a team forwards and be responsible for the provision of stimulating childcare at a standard that excels.
The role of the Deputy Manager is to assist the Nursery Manager to provide professional leadership and management of the nursery and to help ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
In the absence of the Nursery Manager, the Deputy will undertake the overall day-to-day management of the nursery.
A BRIEF OVERVIEW OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assisting the Nursery Manager with the effective day-to-day management of the nursery.
- Supporting the Nursery Manager with all day-to-day paperwork within the nursery.
- Assisting the Nursery Manager in delivering agreed occupancy targets.
- Promoting high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Ensuring that all children attending the nursery receive rich and stimulating experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Ensuring that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensuring that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Promote and facilitate partnerships with parents/carers and other family members.
- Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practice throughout the nursery
PERSONAL SPECIFICATION AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Level 3 qualification or above in childcare
- An Enhanced DBS disclosure – can be acquired
- A minimum 3 years' experience of working in a nursery setting
- Good working knowledge and understanding of current legislation
- Competitive salary
- 40 hours per week
- 20 days holiday entitlement
If you have a proven track record, a desire to exceed and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please contact us by email on email@example.com or call us to arrange a visit to show you around and discuss our offering further.
Please Note: Our Company is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) – (Update service needs to be signed up to) and at least two independent references.
Early Years Practitioner / Bank StaffFull Time - £7.50-9.00 per hour
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the Senior Management in providing a high quality childcare provision
- To work as part of an experienced and dedicated team within Small Fries Day Nursery
- To supervise and manage specific areas of activity, plan and develop exciting activities for the children in our care
- To have a group of key children and take responsibility for observing, planning, tracking and evaluating their learning and development and setting individual targets
- Have a detailed knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To work in partnership with parents/carers when supporting children in their learning and development
- A sound knowledge of behavioural management and SEN would also be a distinct advantage, although not essential
Practitioners Personal Specification and Essential qualifications:
- A recognised qualification in childcare (equivalent to level 3 or above)
- An Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Experience of working with 0-5 year olds
- Up-to-date safeguarding and paediatric first aid training preferred
Our Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to satisfactory pre-employment processes which include an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a minimum of two independent references.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.